Thursday, February 28, 2013

Smoothie adapted from Jasyoga

You have to believe I've flipped through many smoothie recipes in my day, but somehow every time I go to make one I never ever follow the recipe exactly. Smoothies are like abstract art: it doesn't matter what goes into making them as long as it tastes scrumptious when it's finished.



This morning wasn't any different. But after being inspired (if you can get inspired over a smoothie) from Jasyoga's blog yesterday, "Blend up Recovery After Bringing Your A-Game" I added some key players to this magical blend that I'm patting myself on the back for this morning: avocado + spinach.

Ingredients
4 tbsp nonfat vanilla yogurt (or greek, plain etc)
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup carrot juice
1/2  frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup spinach
1/2 of an avacado



Fits perfectly in the Magic Bullet, but a blender works well too. Thanks for the kick Jasyoga!

What's your go-to smoothie recipe?  

1 comment:

  1. My magic bullet is my favorite kitchen appliance.

    ReplyDelete